Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dog Needs A Home!


Subject: Please help - young beagle for adoption

Hello all,

Three days ago I came into possession of a stray female beagle and I need to find her a forever home. I have been able to come into some information because apparently this isn’t her first escape. Unfortunately I can’t find out where she lives and there has been no attempt to find her that I am aware of. Attached is a picture of the collar that she was wearing, there were no tags, no microchip and neither of the vets I took her to recognized her. Animal control has no record of a missing pet by this description. Short of turning her into Animal Control this is my only option. I can not keep her!

Here is what I know:

Her name is Bella
She is approximately 1.5 years old
She is spayed
She is crate trained
She is a smaller beagle
Rumor has it that she is up to date on her shots, but I have no way of verifying without knowing her vet.

She has been here 3 nights now and had an initial ‘accident’ when I brought her into the house. She has not had one since. The first night I put her in her crate, she slept for 2 hours and then howled waking me up. She went out and went to the bathroom right away. I decided to try her in the bed and she slept next to me for 6 hours without moving and inch. The other 2 nights she has been in her crate for 8+ hours without a peep or an accident. I would say she will need a little more work in potty training but mostly just consistency. She has been in a crate while I am at work and roams the house when I am home.

She is an escape artist. She wants a lot of attention so if she is left alone in a yard she will dig out or climb out to go find it. I have had her on a runner even with the fenced yard and she has mastered maneuvering it without a problem! It seems to be the solution in letting her roam.

She plays very well with others; I have had her with both males and females, small, medium and large. She loves the companionship. She would be fine as an only dog, but many times in the past 3 days she has curled up next to my dog when I wasn’t sitting still for her to snuggle with. She also does very well with kids, letting them fawn all over her.

She is an amazing dog who just needs a family to love her!

Please forward all inquiries to: savebellabeagle@live.com

Thanks everyone!

No comments: